Careers at IDJJ
Juvenile Justice Specialists/Interns
Thank you for your interest in the Juvenile Justice Specialist Intern position with the Department of Juvenile Justice. The Department's mission is to build youth skills and strengthen families by promoting community safety and positive youth outcomes. The Juvenile Justice Specialist Intern position plays a key role in facilitating this mission.
If you are interested in being part of an environment that is committed to preparing youth for successful reintegration into their communities through programming, treatment, and services while providing them safety, security, and accountability, we welcome you to apply for the Juvenile Justice Specialist Intern position according to the qualifications and process below.
Please note that this is a full-time shift work position and it is located in each of the five youth centers located throughout the state: IYC Chicago, IYC Harrisburg, IYC Pere Marquette, IYC St. Charles, and IYC Warrenville. Starting salary is $54,648/year plus excellent benefits and great opportunities for advancement.
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Illinois resident
- Any Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree is required from an accredited college or university.
- U.S. citizen or authorized alien with proof of permanent resident card
- Speak, read, and write English
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus and can be compensated accordingly
- Requires physical agility and strength to stand and walk for up to three hours at a time, to run for short distances, and to provide physical intervention and control, as necessary, in order to protect and/or restrain individuals.
Information (all applications must be submitted electronically)
All screenings begin at 8 a.m. & take 4-6 hours. Please complete the application prior to arrival and bring the required documents to screening. Walk ins welcome.
Alton Mental Health Center, Auditorium, 4500 College Ave., Alton, IL
- June 8
- July 13
- Aug 17
- Sept 21
- Oct 19
- Dec 7
Illinois Youth Center- 3825 Campton Hills Rd., St. Charles, IL
- June 6
- July 11
- Aug 15
- Sept 19
- Oct 17
- Dec 5
Questions about Juvenile Justice Specialist positions, application process, and screenings can be directed to Jim Crowley at email@example.com
Other Staff Positions
Opening Date 06/01/23---Closing Date 06/14/23
1) Corrections Nurse I (UMP) - Req #25776 - IYC Harrisburg
State of Illinois Employees:
Internal Link : https://hcm20.ns2cloud.com/sf/jobreq?jobId=25776&company=SILHCM20P1
All other applicants (non-state employees): please apply by clicking on the below link.
External Link: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/25776/
- State of Illinois Employment Opportunities - Work.Illinois.Gov
- FY-2023 IDJJ-Affirmative Action Plan